A coalition of anti-tax groups, led by the Virginia Beach Taxpayers Alliance (VBTA), has called a Town Hall Meeting on Transportation tonight at Virginia Wesleyan College at 7 P.M.
For those of you with busy schedules, I'll summarize what will happen tonight:
1. The list of 6 projects out of the MPO will be trashed.
2. Abolishing the Hampton Roads Transportation Authority (HRTA) will be called for.
3. New taxes and fees will be opposed.
4. They'll be unable to draft an alternative list of projects, as they won't have cost estimates.
5. Most of all, they'll never agree on how to pay for Transportation improvements.
There, I just saved you a couple hours.
Elected officials have been invited. My over/under betting line on the number showing up is 3.