Friday, April 11, 2008

Economic Indicator? 2nd Edition

This morning I went early to Walmart to go grocery shopping. Along my route, there are two temporary employment offices for day laborers. What struck me: people were already lining up for work at 6:45 A.M. I've never seen them out that early. If people are that desperate for that kind of work....

Why was I shopping that early? Shopping tip: the best time of day to hit Walmart is around 7 A.M. The stockers from the overnight crew are virtually done, while the crowds are yet to come. Full shelves and empty aisles. Knowing what I'm doing, I can get in and out within 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Michael Ragsdale said...

Another tip? Even when regular lines are packed, the Garden checkout usually is empty and yes, you can pay for anything there.