Saturday, March 29, 2008

HRT Route 310

It's on Hampton Roads Transit's (HRT) website this morning that there will now be a free shuttle for bus riders going to downtown Norfolk, designated Route 310. As of Thursday afternoon's TDCHR meeting, this route didn't exist.

I'm estatic. It will provide the downtown access that will make the move to Salter Street manageable. Hey, you didn't even have to make it free; I would happily have used my bus pass for it. Kudos to who got this up and running so quickly.

I'm just waiting to see the loads on the 310....

2 comments:

Michael Ragsdale said...

Thank goodness. Now I can shutup about loosing Downtown service. I assume this 310 will make ALL Downtown stops except Charlotte St. Let me know on Monday since you're heading that way anyways.

Avenging Archangel said...

Yes, I plan to be down there.

Here's the catch: according to the National Weather Service's website, a 40% chance of Rain Sunday and Monday. Having to redirect that traffic out in the rain.

I just sent a couple of our friends at HRT a tip on buying umbrellas....