Both Diezel and Wilson lead (and will probably win) on pluralities. Sessoms is up 10,036 votes while Davis leads by 9,472. Some quick thoughts:
1. The most interesting fact: no opposed Virginia Beach City Council incumbent has a majority of the vote. Diezel is at 48.85%, McClanan is at 46.31%, Wilson is at 43.16%, and Oberndorf at 33.93%. Political thought is so splintered in Virginia Beach that no incumbent has the support of a majority of residents.
As the new Council goes to move forward, that's well worth remembering. Major initiatives will require fluxing coalitions and plenty of ground work.
2. Once I get John Moss' final tally, I'm changing my blog banner. The new slogan will be "(83.86%) of voters rejected the Virginia Beach Taxpayers Alliance (VBTA) and it's extremist agenda."
3. I hope Joe Flores enjoys his pieces of silver for being Harry Diezel's splitter.
4. My personal little joy: here in Aragona Precinct Georgia Allen defeated Rosemary Wilson 50.81% to 30.99%.
5. If it's any consolation to Meyera this morning, she did win here - barely.