Friday, October 3, 2008

Transit Notes October 3, 2008

1. There are people at Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) that do listen. Going into downtown Norfolk this morning, HRT had Bus 1226 on Route 310 (Downtown Shuttle). The 1226 is an undersized former Pentran bus, too small for the 310. Sure enough, the 9:30 A.M. run out of Cedar Grove was standing room only.

My fourth stop downtown was the Kirn Library, where I used one of the computers to e-mail HRT about the 1226 (and a couple other operational issues). I pointed out the situation would be even worse using it at rush hour. I then went to MacArthur Center to see The Miracle at St. Anna (pretty good).

Afterwards I had lunch and then headed for HRT's offices on Monticello Avenue. Passing me as I walked up: Bus 1226 heading for the garage.

2. Reid Greenmun's favorite group of "subversives", MoveOn, had a voter registration table at Cedar Grove this afternoon. They're the fourth group I've seen registering voters at bus transfer centers this year.

No comments: