Sunday, August 1, 2010

St. Gregory's RCIA Forming

The normal route for bringing a non-Catholic adult into The Roman Catholic Church in the U.S. is the program known as Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA). It begins in the later half of the year, with the new Catholics brought into The Church at the Easter Vigil Mass.

St. Gregory the Great Catholic Church (the largest parish in the Diocese of Richmond) will kickoff this year's RCIA with a Wine, Cheese, and Dessert Social on August 9 in the Tobias Room at St. Gregory's. It will run from 7-9 P.M. Anyone interested in becoming Catholic is welcome. In addition, any Catholics who never were Confirmed, had First Eucharist, or First Reconciliation are also welcome.

I'm a convert who was brought into The Church at Easter Vigil, 1986. It's the smartest decision I made in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN BROTHER! Are you going to be a sponsor?

Avenging Archangel said...

Not this year, as I don't have the time. However, I'll be dropping a couple posts come New Year's, so I can do more in 2011.

Amanda Jennings said...

I remember the day my family and I became Catholics. We've been loving it these past 5 years:)