Thursday, April 1, 2010

The VBTA Merges With al-Qaida

Meeting in the tribal areas of northwestern Pakistan, the leaders of the Virginia Beach Taxpayers Alliance (VBTA) agreed to merge their tiny breakfast cult into al-Qaida. The pact is the fruit of secret negotiations based on contacts gained by Ben Krause during his service in Iraq.

"Both groups have been all about a tiny fringe minority trying to impose their extremist agenda on society by intimidation tactics," explained VBTA Maximum Leader Robert Dean. "The merger was a perfect natural."

"I no longer have to masquerade as a Christian, a faith that everyone knows I never really believed in any of the tenets of," went on VBTA Vice Chairman/Transportation Chairman Reid Greenmun. "I can now begin planning terrorist attacks against Norfolk light rail."

Finally, Bob O'Connor commented, "We'll launch a jihad against the Resort Area. The dress, bars...it's all in violation of sharia (Islamic law)."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this is going too far, and I don't even like the vbta (lowercase intentional)

Yes I see that today is That Holiday, but come on!

Avenging Archangel said...

Anon 5:10,

Every year, someone will complain about one April Fools post or another. Taste is largely subjective, so I've come to accept that I'll get some complaints.

I've done two Aprils Fools posts annually in the past. I only ran with one this year as I thought most would find my second idea overkill.

Anonymous said...

I THINK IT IS HILARIOUS!!

Avenging Archangel said...

Anon 5:19,

Thank you.