Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kelly's Backstage Tavern

Arriving in downtown Norfolk in late morning to see the movie Madea Goes To Jail (very good), I stopped in Kelly's Backstage Tavern for an early lunch. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't.

When I entered, two employees were there but neither greeted me. After having to find my own way to a table, it was nearly 15 minutes before I got a waiter. (I considered walking out.) He had an "I don't really care" attitude. It then took nearly 30 minutes before my lunch arrived.

My French Dip had tough meat. The cheese was melted largely to one side of the sandwich. The french fries were undercooked and some stuck together.

While I've had mostly good experiences with Kelly's Tavern at Pembroke Mall, avoid their Granby Street location.

2 comments:

Michael Ragsdale said...

Before Kelly's took over, it was great according to classmates when I went to TCC Downtown

Anonymous said...

Very nasty place. I don't think it is run by the same people as the other Kelly's.