Thursday, May 6, 2010

2010 Greek Festival

The annual Greek Festival at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Norfolk will be held May 13-16. The church is on Granby Street just south of Wards Corner. They have an excellent website at http://www.norfolkgreekfestival.com

I've known people who have changed their vacation plans so they can be here for the annual Festival. I myself have volunteered a few times in the past. If you're looking for a chance to help in the community for a good cause, I can tell you from experience that they never have enough volunteers for the a la carte line. Previous practice has been to give volunteers a free Greek meal during the break on their shift.

A few things for any newbies going. First, if you've never been on the church tour, be sure to do so. Second, you haven't eaten pastry until you've had baklava. Third, if unsure of what to get to eat, my favorite Greek dish is pastitsio. Ya'sou!

No comments: