Monday, December 22, 2008

Slow News Month

With the holidays, I expected news to slow down and that I'd have trouble with blog copy in December. However, a couple things I've been working on:

1. I've long had planned three posts for Christmas.

They should help give you an insight into one of the most misunderstood figures in Virginia Beach public affairs.

2. I've been writing a satire of the VBTA.

Okay, I've beaten that horse before. However, I grasp that readership is overwhelmingly anti-VBTA and I like writing humor.

The disappointing note was that I was unable to recruit additional posters, so it looks like I'll have to carry the load myself into the mid-term.

In January we have the new City Council, the new administration in Washington, and the General Assembly session in Richmond. That should make for plenty of material.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's plenty of news.

www.king5.com
www.kingcounty.gov/metro
www.soundtransit.org
www.piercetransit.org
www.communitytransit.org
www.trimet.org
www.c-tran.com
www.seattletransitblog.com

We should consider ourselves lucky

Avenging Archangel said...

Seattle sites?

They don't have SuperSonics news to report anymore. :)

Michael Ragsdale said...

I think the anon poster is referring to the nasty snow storm

My flight back to Virginia was the day before it hit and they're still socked in by it.

Anonymous said...

My Henry, we at the VBTA are flattered by your obsession with us - have a very Merry Christmas as you engage in more of your sophmoric attacks on the good people of Virginia Beach that work to lower taxes.

Avenging Archangel said...

"good people" and "VBTA" are mutually exclusive.

Anonymous said...

Amen Henry

Michael Ragsdale said...

Good one :)

Anonymous said...

I would also like to know how the VBTA has "worked" to lower taxes. All I have ever seen are childish antics at events, and horrible excuses for well rounded politicians that inevitably are destroyed come election time.

Until the VBTA re-invents itself without the anger and without the out of touch politicians they will never be anything but a thorn in the side of Virginia Beach politics.