Protestant preacher of heresy Harold Camping claimed The Rapture would happen at 6 P.M. this evening, but it didn't. While I was waiting for the hour to come, I drafted my Top 10 list of why I'm glad it didn't happen:
10. I want to see Zoe Saldana in Colombiana.
9. I don't want the world to come to an end having never married. (I still hope to meet a good African-American woman out on the buses.)
8. I want to see what challenges the Demonrats mount for General Assembly seats in Virginia Beach in 2011.
7. I want to hear the warped "logic" the Virginia Beach City Council espouses in defending the obscene at-large voting system. (I don't know whether I'll laugh or scoff more.)
6. I want to see an agreement for building an entertainment venue at the Dome site and read its details.
5. I didn't want the world to come to an end with the UFL's Virginia Destroyers having never played a game.
4. I want to see the tantrums VBTAers throw when John Moss isn't appointed to Rita Sweet Bellitto's vacant City Council seat.
3. I want to find out exactly which Virginia Beach City Councilman Virginia News Source is accusing of sexual misconduct.
2. I'm having too much fun laughing at the joke that is Protestantism. After this red herring, maybe more people will see it for what it is.
1. I want to ride Norfolk's light rail starter line before the world comes to an end.